Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Toy storage...


After Christmas, we had tons of toys that were scattered around everywhere.  I am the kind of person who has to have everything in it's place... so this toy situation didn't work for me.  I decided that I was going to separate toys into bins, and then I would be able to pull out one bin every day for Colin to play with.  That way he doesn't get bored with the toys... and he doesn't get overwhelmed with so having so many toys out at once!

In Colin's room, we have an awesome toy box (that Garet's dad made him!)  So when we play upstairs in his room it is easy to throw everything in the toy box!  But downstairs the amount of toys grew out of the small box I had to hid them!  Plus it seems like we play more downstairs than upstairs (I get more done when we are downstairs while Colin is playing!) 
Here is a couple bins and what I have in them:

Every bin has at least one: toy that makes noise, learning toy, puzzle, car, and then some randoms.  Of course as he gets more toys I will add to each.  But we'll see how this goes for now!  I also have a bin that is out all the time that has some of his books and his bouncing ball.  And then of course the toys that don't fit in bins like his little bike and tunnel are out all the time.  But I'm excited that everything is put away, and it is nice and neat!

7 comments:

Laura said...

This is such a great idea that I just pinned it. :) Looks like y'all are doing well. Love your blog!

Carrie said...

Cute idea! We did some serious toy organization after Christmas too. I have to post about it, just haven't gotten to that yet :-) Kevin built Carter a toy storage unit over Christmas. I like the basket idea though!

Unknown said...

Was it an Ikea find?

Hunter and Tyler's family... said...

I love this! We already need a toy box for Hunter now. I think we need to make a trip to IKEA for something like this.

Kelly said...

Thanks y'all!
I got the unit and the cubes at Target - I looked (online) at IKEA and didn't see anything that looked as good (or as good of a price). I liked that this unit had a back to it... and that the cubes were 14x14" instead of anything smaller.

Lindsay said...

Love this! I pinned it, too! What brand of cubes did you use? I can only find small ones...Thanks!

Kelly said...

Thanks! I got them at Target. I love the size! They hold tons of toys :)